How do I change the MATLAB preferences directory location on Windows XP?
I would like to know how I can change the location of the preferences directory that MATLAB uses by default to a custom location.
To change the location of the default MATLAB preferences directory on Windows XP please follow the steps below:
1. Close all instances of MATLAB.
2. Open up the System Information dialog box. This can be done by opening the Control Panel and selecting ‘System’ from the icons.
3. Select the Advanced tab in System Information and click on the ‘Environment Variables’ pushbutton.
4. Create a new environment variable called MATLAB_PREFDIR and set its value to be the location of the new preferences directory (e.g. C:\NewPrefDir).
5. Click OK to accept all changes and close the System Information window.
6. Now restart MATLAB. The preferences directory location will be changed to the directory that you set as the value of the MATLAB_PREFDIR environment variable.